This special patriotic envelope folder holds a set of 20 photos pertaining to the Liberation of Paris. It is dated 1944. I've been watching for this set online for a several months now and although I have seen a few, I've not seen a complete set of 20, most are missing quite a few photos.
I purchased the set at an estate sale. The seller stated that her father participated in the Liberation of Paris and that this set was one of his pride and joys. She said she had 2 sets of these and is keeping one for her grandson.
Each photo has a small number in its lower right corner that corresponds with a listing on the back of the envelope. The listing describes what is being shown in the photo. Please note that the descriptions are in French. I found an entry online that had the listings translated into English and that is what I am using. If any are incorrect, I apologize, but I don't speak French.
The photos measure about 2.5 by 3.5 inches. There are no tears or writing on any of them. There is a tinge of brownness due to age but nothing more than would be expected. The patriotic envelope does have some small tears and a bit more browning.
The listing states that the description of the 20 photos are:
1. GENERAL DE GAULLE
2. FIELD MARSHAL MONTGOERY AND GENERAL EISENHOWER
3. GENERAL LECLARE
4. BARRICADE RUE SAINT JOSEPH
5. AMERICAN TROOPS PARADE IN THE CHAMPS ELYSEES
6. GENERAL LECLARES TROOPS PARADE IN THE RUE DE RIVOLI
7. FRENCH GIRLS WELCOME TO AMERICAN TROOPS
8. GENERAL KOENIG WITH GENERAL LECLARES TROOPS AT THE TRIUMPHANT ARK
9. AMERICAN TANKS IN FRONT OF THE GRAND PALAIS
10. AMERICAN TROOPS CONVEYING GERMAN PRISONERS
11. GENERAL BRADLEY AND GENERAL KOENIG AT THE UNKNOWN SOLDIERS TOMB
12. THE CROWD PLACE DE L'OPERA AFTER THE TAKING OF THE KOMMANDANTUR
13. AMERICAN ARTILLERY PLACE DE LA CONCORDE
14. AMERICAN FLAGS IN THE CHAMPS ELYSEES
15. GERMAN PRISONER CARRIED AWAY BY THE F.F.I.
16. THE F.F.I. PARADING PLACE DE LA CONCORDE
17. GENERAL DE ULLE AT THE UNKNOWN SOLDIERS TOMB
18. GERMAN TANK DESTROYED PLACE DE LA CONCORDE
19. GERMAN PRISONERS PLACE DE L'OPERA
20. AMERICAN INFANTRY PARADING IN THE CHAMPS ELYSEES.
Delivery will be via USPS First Class Mail parcel. The package will be insured and will require signature confirmation of delivery. Since those services are for the protection of us both, I split the costs with the buyer.
Buyer to pay $6.99 delivery charges.
Remember – The package must be signed for at time of receipt.
If purchasing multiple items, please contact seller. I'll be happy to combine shipping on all items.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING depends on the country. Buyer must contact seller for shipping quote before making purchase. Seller reserves the right to void any transactions where contact has not been made prior to purchasing.
All items in my listings come from estate sales, garage sales, or various auctions. I do not know if they came from homes where smoking or pets were present. All items are sold in the same condition as when I received them.