This special patriotic envelope folder holds a set of 20 photos pertaining to the Liberation of Paris. It is dated 1944. I've been watching for this set online for a several months now and although I have seen a few, I've not seen a complete set of 20, most are missing quite a few photos.
I purchased the set at an estate sale. The seller stated that her father participated in the Liberation of Paris and that this set was one of his pride and joys. She said she had 2 sets of these and is keeping one for her grandson.
Each photo has a small number in its lower right corner that corresponds with a listing on the back of the envelope. The listing describes what is being shown in the photo. Please note that the descriptions are in French. I found an entry online that had the listings translated into English and that is what I am using. If any are incorrect, I apologize, but I don't speak French.
The photos measure about 2.5 by 3.5 inches. There are no tears or writing on any of them. There is a tinge of brownness due to age but nothing more than would be expected. The patriotic envelope does have some small tears and a bit more browning.
The listing states that the description of the 20 photos are:
1. GENERAL DE GAULLE
2. FIELD MARSHAL MONTGOERY AND GENERAL EISENHOWER
3. GENERAL LECLARE
4. BARRICADE RUE SAINT JOSEPH
5. AMERICAN TROOPS PARADE IN THE CHAMPS ELYSEES
6. GENERAL LECLARES TROOPS PARADE IN THE RUE DE RIVOLI
7. FRENCH GIRLS WELCOME TO AMERICAN TROOPS
8. GENERAL KOENIG WITH GENERAL LECLARES TROOPS AT THE TRIUMPHANT ARK
9. AMERICAN TANKS IN FRONT OF THE GRAND PALAIS
10. AMERICAN TROOPS CONVEYING GERMAN PRISONERS
11. GENERAL BRADLEY AND GENERAL KOENIG AT THE UNKNOWN SOLDIERS TOMB
12. THE CROWD PLACE DE L'OPERA AFTER THE TAKING OF THE KOMMANDANTUR
13. AMERICAN ARTILLERY PLACE DE LA CONCORDE
14. AMERICAN FLAGS IN THE CHAMPS ELYSEES
15. GERMAN PRISONER CARRIED AWAY BY THE F.F.I.
16. THE F.F.I. PARADING PLACE DE LA CONCORDE
17. GENERAL DE ULLE AT THE UNKNOWN SOLDIERS TOMB
18. GERMAN TANK DESTROYED PLACE DE LA CONCORDE
19. GERMAN PRISONERS PLACE DE L'OPERA
20. AMERICAN INFANTRY PARADING IN THE CHAMPS ELYSEES.
Delivery will be via USPS Insured First Class Mail parcel.
Buyer to pay $6.45 delivery charges.
SPECIAL NOTE about SHIPPING CHARGES: Twice yearly and again in November for the holiday season (so 3 times each year) the postal service increases shipping charges. This is what they call their “Delivering for America” plan in which they hope to become profitable. It’s a 10 year plan that started in 2021, so we’ve got years to go with multiple price increases each year. I try to absorb some of the new charges and haven't increased my shipping charges in three years. This year, unfortunately, I have to increase the shipping. I'll try to keep it reasonable and even absorb some of the changes when possible.
I do combine shipping on multiple items purchased as long as all items can fit safely into a single box or envelope. However, my web host is not set up to calculate multiple item shipping costs. At checkout, you will be charged full shipping price on each item purchased and I will refund the appropriate amount of overpayment. If you are uncomfortable with that, you can send me an email with your zip code and stating which items you'll be purchasing and I'll calculate the correct combined shipping charges and send you a custom invoice.
INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES: Sorry, I do not ship to locations outside of the United States.
All items in my listings come from either estate or garage sales. I do not know if they came from homes where smoking or pets were present. All items are sold in the same condition as when I received them.